Re: Kernel patching + compilation for Cobalt RAQ 500....

Hallo,

> I'm trying to get debian up and running on two of these units, and I
>really want to use a 'proper' debian package to install the kernel from.
>I've installed the 2.4.23 kernel source (no package available for this)
>and the kernel-patch-2.4-cobalt package.

I'm confused, are You trying to install a debain patch on a vanilla kernel or
the other way round? I cannot find a cobalt patch with my woody package list,
so it's not in the current stable distribution?
Anyway, debian kernel packages are usually somehow patched and You might run
into trouble, once You use a vanilla kernel source against a debian patch or
the other way round.
Switch both to debian packages (recommended) or the other way round.

>[...] seems to apply fine apart from failing to patch
>one of the bluetooth drivers.

This is usually either a patch against the wrong kernel version (there were
some hefty changes during 2.4 developement) or patch against a patched kernel
source, the second patch was not expecting to find.
Best regards,
   js
--
Down with categorical imperative!