Problem with upload with PHP and Apache

I am running a fullt upgraded Debain "testing" system, and I have a smaller problem with uploading files.

I use my installation to develop PHP applications, and a part of this making file upload scripts. A have a basic form, in which i can upload a file, the header information gets passed fine into PHP (name, size, mime-type, temporary placement in system), but the file is NOT placed into the temporary location which by default is /tmp. I have tried using other temporary locations, but that did not work either. I have also tried to recompile both apache and php, so I was not using the stadard packages, that did not work either.

The settings within php and apache allow fileupload, so the problem should not be there.

Has anybody else had similar problems????

/Martin