re: Re: base system, no x windows yet,HOW?

Hello

First of all:
Please don't top post.
Please don't CC: anyone except he or she asked for it.
Please don't send the (nearly same) message twice.
Thank you.

ts (<tshew@flashmail.com>) wrote:

> It's said that the NIC network cards  of EPOX-8rda3g MB would be in
> function  under kernel 2.4.20. should I upgrade the current woody
> kernel to sarge and thus to set up networking and complet my debian
> installation?

Get 2.4.24 or 2.4.25 from backports.org instead. Or build your own
kernel. The precompiled images should have everything you need.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976