How to "downgrade" to testing?

Although Debian "unstable" has actually proved pretty stable for me, I am aware that it is the development version and hence I cannot moan in the slightest if somebody breaks something. Upon further inspection, the "testing" distribution would seem a much better choice (this is a client machine behind a block-all firewall, so security is not a consideration).

Everything procedure for "downgrading" that I have found so far seems rather elaborate - is there really no easy way to do it? As I say, I am quite happy with the stability of my system, so I would be quite happy to "freeze" it until newer versions make their way into the testing distro, if this won't cause problems.

Any advice would be most appreciated! :-)

Cheers,

Jon