Re: Where is XFREE86

On Sunday 07 March 2004 12:36, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Just run "apt-get install x-window-system" as root.

This wants to install 9 (count 'em) NEW!! pieces. OK, 4.3.05 and last upgrade
did 4.3.03, but .. what have I been running X until now?

Also note that xfree86 and -common are NOT on this list but part of the
upgrade.

Seeing all the problems there have been recently with X, before I take this
plunge (hopefully not a dive):

1. Will these nine new installs correct some of the problems or will they
create more.

2. XFree is now up to 4.4. Wait for this or go with everything 4.3.05 now?