Re: swapping interfaces

And I heard Michael Robokoff exclaim:
> I have a machine with 2 ethernet interfaces installed. The systems
> installed
> with the Gigabit interface as eth0 and 100MB interface as eth1.
> Can someone tell me how to change this so the 100MB interface is
> eth0 and the gigabit interface is eth1?

As I recall, this has to do with the order they're recognized by the
kernel. If you get your networking support through modules, try changing
the order in which the modules load up (perhaps the order they show up
in /etc/modules).

Out of curiosity, why do you care which is which?
--
Daniel Teichert
BYU ECEn Dept. CSR