Re: aptitude stopped automatically upgrading packages

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:49:10PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
| Usually when I used aptitude in the curses interfaces pressing u to
| update and then g to install would mark all upgradable packages for
| upgrade. Now it doesn't work any more.
| Doing on the command line aptitude dist-upgrade or from them menus mark
| upgradable does work.

| Any ideas?

I have two systems.  After the latest aptitude upgrade, one of them
exhibited the behavior you describe, but the other one maintained the
old behavior.  I just went through the configurations and found the
significant difference.  Put the following in /etc/apt/apt.conf to get
the old behavior :
    Aptitude::Auto-Upgrade "true" ;

-D

--
Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.