Re: Opinions on some Debian books?

On (05/03/04 10:09), Adam Funk wrote:
> I know that a lot of people here recommend "The Debian GNU/Linux Bible"
> by Steve Hunger, which my library is getting.  But I've also seen in
> secondhand catalogues the following books (some of which I think are
> out of print) and I'd appreciate any comments about them.
>
> Bill McCarty: Learning Debian Gnu/Linux: A Guide to Debian Gnu/linux for
> New Users, O'Reilly, 1999.
>
> Thomas Down: Installing Debian GNU/Linux, Sams, 2000.
>
> John Goerzen, Ossama Othman: Debian GNU/Linux, New Riders, 1999.
>
> Aaron Van Couwenberghe: Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed, Sams, 1999.
FWIW, I've bought a few books but none of them Debian specific although
some refer to Debian.  The two books that I've learnt most from are
Rute Users Tutorial & Exposition which, I only recently acquired through
a recommendation on the list; I wish I'd got it a year ago when I first
started learning Linux/Debian.  The other is Linux Administration Handbook
(Evi Nemeth & others).  For the Debian specific stuff I rely on d-u, the
web and docs.

HTH

Clive

--