Re: I messed up apt-get -- help!

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:20:04 +0100, test524@comcast.net wrote:
> Trouble is, I can't now install the regular woody version of KDE.
[snip]

> I'm not really sure how I got into this rut, but I'd welcome with open arms any
> suggestions on how to get out.

After setting sources.list right, I'd suggest purging all the kde
packages with
apt-get --purge remove `dpkg --get-selections|grep kde|cut -f1`

doing apt-get update to resync the package lists and then installing
kde from scratch.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply