Re: exim "Frozen" messages?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:18:07PM -0500, Rick Pasotto wrote:
| On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:18:56AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

| > > I think they'll eventually be purged but you can also do it yourself.
| > > Run 'mailq' to get a list of them and then 'exim -Mrm <id>' to get rid
| > > of them.
| >
| > But this doesn't explain *why* they were frozen ...
|
| Spam bounces. Spam gets sent to a non-existent address at my domain and

You should enable recipient verification.  Then you will only accept
onto your queue messages for recipients that exist.  That will prevent
undeliverable bounces from wasting resources on your system.

| the return address is invalid.

That is one potential cause for frozen messages.  There are other
potential causes and the messages could be "real".

To find out -why- the message is frozen, search through the log files
to find the first log entry relating to that message.  (grep for the
message id)  The earlier log entries give the reason why the message
was frozen in the first place.

-D

--
But As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
        Joshua 24:15