Re: exim "Frozen" messages?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:20:51PM +0100, David Jardine wrote:
| On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:14:15AM -0500, stan wrote:
| > I've got a smail mailserver using Debain and exim. I noticed that some
| > messages have stoped getting through. Looking in /var/log/exim/mailog, I
| > see lot's of entries about messages being "frozen". What does this mean?
| >
| > And how can I further troubleshoot teh problem?
|
| I had this problem the other day - in fact I'm not sure I don't
| still have it.  Exim would send stuff if I was connected to the
| Internet at the time of writing it, but would never retry if I
| wrote it while offline.
|
| I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but I deleted two lockfiles
| in /var/spool/exim/db - in fact I deleted all the files in the
| directory

There's no harm in doing this - the information here is merely
"advisory".

| to prevent some embarrassingly old stuff getting out.

Deleting the information cache like that doesn't delete any messages
from the queue.  Old messages on the queue will still be sent.  See
what is on the queue by running 'mailq'.  Remove a message by running
'exim -Mrm <id>' where <id> is a message id obtained from 'mailq' or
the log file.

-D

--
                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.