A Newbie LVM Question

I've played with LVM on HP-UX, but only just enough to get a firm
handle on the fact that I don't understand the complexities of it,
and that is easy to screw up, but hard to fix :-)

So, I find myself building a Debian MytTV machine. In addition
to the 40G root drive, I installed 2 other drives, a 60G (/dev/hdb),
and a 120G (/dev/hdd).

What I want to do is create one large "virtual disk" out of these,
then I will then create a XFS filesystem on and use to store various
multimedia files for mythtv. I want the disks to be "striped" if
that is possible with different size disks?

I've installed the lvm (1) packages, and I've read the HOWTO.
Here is what I came up with:

fdisk both disks, creating a single partition on each one of type 8e

pvcreate /dev/hdb1
pvcreate /dev/hdd1

vgcreate mythtv /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdd1

And then I should be ready to create a filesystem on this "virtual
disk".

Is it really that simple?

Any advice on pitfalls appreciated!

neither liberty nor safety."