Re: Mplayer won't "make" during install

Benjamin Sher wrote:
Dear friends:

I configured the Mplayer-1.0pre3 source tarball successfully. No error
messages of any sort. (/configure --enable-gui --enable-win32). I was then
told to proceed with "make". And, suddently, this is what happens:

sher@Dell:~/L-Files/Downloads/Mplayer/MPlayer-1.0pre3$ make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
sher@Dell:~/L-Files/Downloads/Mplayer/MPlayer-1.0pre3$

Same if I do "make" as root:

Dell:/home/sher/L-Files/Downloads/Mplayer/MPlayer-1.0pre3# make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Dell:/home/sher/L-Files/Downloads/Mplayer/MPlayer-1.0pre3#

I tried several times and I keep getting this same message. What does this
mean, please? Why can't I "make" the mplayer executable?

I would appreciate your help in troubleshooting this puzzling development.

Thank you so much.

You are wasting your time.  The MPlayer sources are arleady debianized.
As long as you have the debian package building packages (debmake,
dh-make, debhelper, and dpkg-dev,  I think) you can do this:

$ tar jkf MPlayer-1.0pre3.tar.bz2
$ cd MPlayer-1.0pre3

$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

OR