agpgart aperture setting

I just build a new computer and I'm trying to set up Debian Sid on it.
The motherboard is an MSI KT400 for an Athlon-XP processor.  I'm using an
MSI video card with the Nvidia FX5200 chipset and 128M of memory.

The system will not run X and when I look at "dmesg" I see an error when
the kernel is try to set the agpgart system.  It recognizes it's
existence, but it says something like, "unable to determine agpgart
aperture size."

The kernel is the 2.4.25 version and I compiled in the agpgart module.
Maybe there's a start up setting I can use.  Any ideas?  Thanks.