Re: patches applied to debian kernel packages

Hello Ross!

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:28:40AM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > > For 2.4.2[1245] and 2.6.3 they are on the mirrors, see
> > > apt-cache search kernel-patch-debian
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> The patches applied to the Debianized sources in kernel-source-xxx are
> NOT the patches in packages named *kernel-patch*.  The patches to the
> source are listed in the kernel-source README, and this generally
> indicates where you can get each patch.  I'm not sure if they're all
> available as neet separate things.

Actually I was talking about kernel-patch-debian, please see
|fernst@live:~$ apt-cache show kernel-patch-debian-2.4.25
|Package: kernel-patch-debian-2.4.25
|[...]
| This package includes the patches used to produce the prepackaged
| kernel-source-2.4.25 package.  They should be applied to a pristine
| Linux 2.4.25 kernel.

You are talking about other patches that can be applied to the
kernel-source...

Cheers,
Flo

PS: I read the list, thus no need to CC me, but I'll honor your
Mail-Followup-To.