Re: Lightweight Alternative to Mozilla-Firebird

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:30:12AM +1000 or thereabouts, Peter A. Cole wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:57:01 -0500
> "S.D.A." <dallan@rogers.com> wrote:
>

> > No it doesn't thread the processes. In other words one can't do anything
> > while one is downloading e-mail. The application is locked, until that
> > I/O finishes.
>
> Ahh ok, in that case this situation has been resolved. I can receive email while viewing messages, replying, etc. with no dramas at all, unless you manually hit the "Get" or "Get All" buttons. If you let it retrieve mail in the background, there's no interference that I can see.

Yeah really?! You can read/write an e-mail while Sylpheed is pulling
down mesages? Cool -- not being able to b4 is the primary reason I
left it, for Mozilla.

I liked it's ability to reply with higlighted material quoted.
That's something Mozilla/Thunderbird haven't implemented yet.