Re: Lightweight Alternative to Mozilla-Firebird

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Johnson" <mjohnson@pitsco.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: Lightweight Alternative to Mozilla-Firebird

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:58:50 +0100, Jan Schulz
<muelleimer@usenet.katzien.de> wrote:

> * Peter A. Cole <peteracole@bigpond.com> wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone can suggest a lighter weight alternative to
>> Mozilla
>> Firebird?
>> I'm running Sarge on an old P200MMX with 160MB RAM, but Firebird still
>> chews
>> up a little too much memory.
>
> Opera.

Just keep in mind that Opera grabs idle memory for use in caching. It
readily gives it up when other applications need it, though. Opera has a
.deb on their download site.

Michael

I'm downloading it now Michael to have a look see.

Unfortunately, Dillo is a little too restrictive in features at the moment,
but when it's a little more along the development cycle I think it'll be an
excellent browser.

Pete