Asking for help: installing debian on Athlon needing nvidia driver

Hello,

   I have just subscribed, so please let me know if there is an
archived answer/FAQ i should be reading. (I found some but not the
answer to my question.)

   I just acquired a 2 year old computer with Athlon 1800+
motherboard, including an nvidia based NIC. I tried to install
Debian using a CD that i normally use and, of course, it doesn't
recognize the nic because the nvidia drivers are not provided. I
then put in a 3C905 card to "temporarily" use to get to the network.
But when i use the CD, the boot hangs and never gets to the
installation. I remove the 3C905 and everything works again... of
course, without the network! Argh.

   Any clues as to how i can install Debian on this box, using the
onboard nic, would be greatly appreciated.

   Thank you in advance.