Re: Unable to mount cdroms in linux 2.6.3

Florentin Ionescu <florentin_ionescu@yahoo.com> writes:

> Appending "hdx=cdrom" for 2.6.x does recognize the cdrom - but
> CD burning fails, also when I tried to play a CD in xmms failed,
> both with an IO error.

How do you burn the CD?  If you did 'cdrecord dev=0,0,0' before, you
have to do 'cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0,0' or 'cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom' now.
I'm not sure about xmms, since I can't play cds directly on my home
system where I have 2.6.3 installed. I have to go through software
(using the cdread plugin for xmms, I think). That works though...

--
John L. Fjellstad