Re: Thanks

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:30:10PM -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> While I'm new to Debian, I'm not new to Linux. I like to stay more
> up-to-date on my machine than Woody is, and made the (apparently
> incorrect)  assumption that the testing version would be a good
> compromise between Woody and the unstable version.

That's the *intent*, but it's not quite there yet. (For one, we don't
yet have reliable testing security updates.)

> The wiki implied that apt-get install kde *SHOULD* have worked, but
> apparently it doesn't under Sarge.

That's right, I'm afraid. The KDE team have finished their part here;
it's now at the point where we (the release team) are poking at various
bits of the distribution to make sure everything stays installable when
upgrading the remaining parts of KDE in testing. It's a little
complicated for various reasons related to sound libraries.

However, it's an absolute requirement for release, and I expect it to be
done inside the next week or two.

Cheers,