Congratulations

Howdy,

i probably should not waste your time with complaints,
but i really feel i need to get someone to listen to
my complaints, in the purpose of making the Linux /
Debian Distribtuion a better world / product.

Simply put the installation of Debian Woody can be at
best be describbed as painfull. In fact so painfull i
would rather gargle wasps / sh1t razor blades or wipe
my ass with coarse sand paper.

i loved Redhat - unfortunately they have gone tits up,
wanting everyone to pay for their software - yet they
still advocate Open Source and use free software in
their own distributions ( the best software - like
samba, postfix , apache , etc are of coarse free ).
This is expolitation.

Hence my move to another popular (in popular -
hopefully well supported) distribution, Debian.
However i am at a loss as to how sane person can have
the patience to go though the install. Their are 8700
packages. The first part of the installation is not
menu based, - instead it follows a linear type of
install, i.e. partition hard disks, make system
bootable etc. My complaint with that is - that i
already had existing partitions, and Debians installer
noted thism but it did not allow me to specify which
directories needed to be mounted where. i.e. /dev/sda1
= /var, /dev/hda1 = /boot etc etc
After the reboot come Task installer - asking what
"main" stream stuff would like to be installed like X
windows etc. This is also OK. Then came the dselect -
where i find that all my usefull utilities - like
namp, etc which you have to do manually - i do not
want a full install i.e the development stuff. so here
i am stuck with this menu having to select
applications  \and dependinces etc - now thw key
squences to install apps / deps etc is bullsh1t. RH is
able to ask (at the very end of the install) whether
you would like to install the dependences. Debian
stops you after every application X 8700 packages -
this is where i begin having blood pressure problems.
To compound this this crap the key strokes / key
squences to get whatever dependences installed drive
me batsh1t and then mistakingly - after doing about
500 packages press enter at the worng time - and
without confirmation (no going back either) the
installation starts.

MHO is that if Debain wants a bigger piece of the
Linux Distribution pie - fix the install process. It
is enough to make an arab wanna shag his camel. in
fact i would so far as to say that if i had began
using Debian as my first Distro - i would have
definetly stcuk with M$.

In the interests of constructive critisim and driving
the computing world forward though competition
breeding exellence, please make Debian a better
installer (even if it is _not_ gui based, just for
f**ksakes make it easier).

Thanks in Advance
New Debian user