Re: Congratulations

* mal icous <malicous150@yahoo.com> [2004-02-19 22:37]:
> i probably should not waste your time with complaints, but i really
> feel i need to get someone to listen to my complaints, in the
> purpose of making the Linux / Debian Distribtuion a better world /
> product.

> In the interests of constructive critisim and driving the computing
> world forward though competition breeding exellence, please make
> Debian a better installer (even if it is _not_ gui based, just for
> f**ksakes make it easier).

I'm off-line right now because I'm at a conference, so I cannot check
if someone on debian-user has responded to you already; I assume
someone did, so I'll keep this briefly.  We are aware that the
installation process has been quite hard in Debian traditionally
(although I'd like to add that woody was a great improvement over
potato), and this is the reason we are currently working on a new
installer for our next release.  beta2 of this debian-installer has
recently been released, and the development team is looking for users
to test it and to report problems and make suggestions.  You can find
information about downloading and reporting feedback at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ and I'm sure the
developers will appreciate your feedback.

--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org