Re: Calendaring

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 02:05:57PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
>
>> It doesn't seem to have seamless calendar sharing either; looks
>> like you can mail calendar info to other people, and looks like you
>> can open other people's static calendar files manually, but there
>> doesn't seem to be a way to have a live copy of other people's
>> files (so that as they add appts, the changes get updated on your
>> view of their calendar, etc).
>
> Save someplace public, set it rw-r--r--.

You would like a finer granularity than that.  A user should be able
to mark a record as private and have it not be able to be seen by
other users, but still have the time blocked off in a free time
query.  Managers, and delegates, should be able to schedule time for
others, etc.

See RFC 3283. (Guide to Internet Calendaring)

--
Lift me down, so I can make the Earth tremble.
                                --Bucky Katt