OT? perl IDE

Hi guru's,

Hopefully this is not too far OT to get my arse flamed.

I was wondering what people develop perl in using linux. I am running KDE 3.1 on 2.6.0, and have come from a windoze background, where I use open perl IDE. I like the ability to step through code a line at a time.

I am hoping there is something similiar; that is relatively simple so i can concentrate on learning perl, rather than having to learn emacs or some other complicated text editor. Is there a generic linux IDE? This is for home use, so i wont be able to spend any money on a comercial package. (eg komodo)

cheers,

david