Re: CPU-intensive periodic processes, e.g. xscreensaver-gl

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:11:04AM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> xscreensaver-gl is the first to go.  I really need to know: what sorts
> of tasks could "just run by themselves" that would likely lead to heavy
> CPU loads?  (aside from the obvious like seti@home)

In my effort to be brief, I forgot to say that I will only keep the fan
running quietly while I sleep: I will of course be doing CPU-intensive
tasks while I'm using it, and will turn the fan up.  I just want to be
able to sleep without worrying that it's going to go haywire on its own.