Re: mixing apt-get and aptitude

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:13:28AM -0600, David said
> However, it seems that aptitude always exits with status 0 regardless of
> what's happened.  FWIW, I've filed a wishlist bugreport in this regard.

Ah, cool.

> Now, would it be the same to use apt-get for at least the update

Yup.

> , or
> perhaps even the -d upgrade?

Yes, but apt-get won't notice that aptitude has some packages on hold.

> It seems that apt-get upgrade does not
> show up in dselect, and I wonder if there would be any probs between
> apt-get and aptitude..

You need "dselect update" for dselect to see new things.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day: bootleg 2600 Magazine IMF embassy AGT. AMME Rubin White Water