Re: dhcpd configuration

On Monday 16 February 2004 07:57 pm, Peter Quackenbush wrote:
> First, I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list.

Since your question is a general DHCP client question, this list is the
right place.

> Is there some configuration I can give to the dhcp clients to tell them
> which dhcp server to use?

From the man page for dhclient.conf:

  reject ip-address;

  The reject statement causes the DHCP client to reject offers from
  servers who use the specified address as a server identifier. This
  can be used to avoid being configured by rogue or misconfigured dhcp
  servers, although it should be a last resort - better to track down the
  bad DHCP server and fix it.

Looks like that will do the trick.

Adam