Again: is it 2.6 or alsa or hardware?

Chris Metzler wrote:

(wjl wrote: sound too fast on Sid/2.6.2/nforce/i_810)

> Do "cat hw_params" and you should see something like this:

Hi Chris,

thanks for the tip - but my hw_params was at 44100 too. Since some people
reported a too fast running clock, I assume the problem *could* have to do
with a timer or interrupt handling in 2.6; eventually only when run an an
nforce chipset - I didn't really read the sources tho, so this is a pure
assumption ;-)

Maybe I should f'up this to linux.kernel, where I think I saw that?

Thanks anyway,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien