Re: Knoppix is Not Debian

Incoming from Sam Halliday:

> i cant believe i just replied to an anti-microsoft troll on debian-user

Rest assured, you didn't.  On my more reasonable days, I can agree
that there may actually be a small number of situations where someone
will have no alternative to using crapware.  Poor bastards, I say.
Others (specifically business) may actually be justified in doing so
as they can afford to support it.

However, Seeing instead a ubiquitous monoculture, where crapware is
_expected_ for everyone from Granny on her home peecee through
aerospace engineers, is simply asinine.

I blame Microsoft directly for having created an environment in which
malware thrives.  The virus and worm writers are merely supplying the
payload that exploits that environment.  And we all end up paying for
the mess everytime some kiddie gets a malicious gleam in his eye.

- -