Re: Corrupt Packages.gz while attempting network install

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:57:11PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 01:56:30PM -0800, John Christian said
> >
> > So ... I can't seem to pass the corrupt (MD5?) tests on both the ISO
> > images and http mirrors.
> Your ISO has a incorrect md5sum?  That means the image is corrupt,
> you'll need to re-download it or find somone serving the ISOs over rsync
> so you can fix it up.

Maybe your .iso didn't actually finish downloading. Use "wget -c". You
can start/stop downloads.  you can switch mirrors and find the fastest
one.  In the course of a download you might even find that you start
with one mirror and finish with another.

I haven't tried the rsync way.  I guess I should one day.

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com