Re: recommended reading?

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:54:53AM +0000, Steve Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> What would people recommend I start with (assume I'm a complete novice) that
> will guide me through the basics of Linux (and more specifically, debian)
> that I can get without trawling the web and spending several pound on printer
> ink and paper to get (and if my local library can get hold of it - even
> better).

Any basic Unix guide books and web based infoormation are good start if
you have not read them. Scroll down link here to see my recommendation
list:

 http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-support.en.html#s-references

Oh, I wrote one specifically for Debian (or I should say with some
merging of existing information to make one central user document for
Debian).

Debian Reference
 http://qref.sourceforge.net/
  * This has a newer version.
  * Translation may contain older information.
     (Oops, that reminds me to rebuild them with the latest translations)

 http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
  * This is the old version.
  * Due to DDP project CVS issues, it is not updated recently.

Also all the document listed in
 http://www.debian.org/doc/
shall be the good start.

Osamu