Re: recommended reading?

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:54:53AM +0000, Steve Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi folks
> What would people recommend I start with (assume I'm a complete novice) that
> will guide me through the basics of Linux (and more specifically, debian)
> that I can get without trawling the web and spending several pound on printer
> ink and paper to get (and if my local library can get hold of it - even
> better).

Any basic Unix guide books and web based infoormation are good start if
you have not read them. Scroll down link here to see my recommendation

Oh, I wrote one specifically for Debian (or I should say with some
merging of existing information to make one central user document for

Debian Reference
  * This has a newer version.
  * Translation may contain older information.
     (Oops, that reminds me to rebuild them with the latest translations)
  * This is the old version.
  * Due to DDP project CVS issues, it is not updated recently.

Also all the document listed in
shall be the good start.