Re: recommended reading?

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:38:41 +0100
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:54:53AM +0000, Steve Hargreaves wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > What would people recommend I start with (assume I'm a complete
> > novice) that will guide me through the basics of Linux (and more
> > specifically, debian) that I can get without trawling the web and
> > spending several pound on printer ink and paper to get (and if my
> > local library can get hold of it - even better).
>
> Any basic Unix guide books and web based infoormation are good start
> if you have not read them. Scroll down link here to see my
> recommendation list:

Yes, there is plenty of good online documentation, but from recent and
perhaps future newbie experience, it is difficult to read online docs
when your system is down.

I empathise with the O.P.s stated requirement for written books for this
reason.
Some like me, live in an isolated rural environment without even a
windows box within 60 Kilometres. Books are good value.
Regards,

David.