Re: Unexpected signal: 11

Rob Weir wrote:

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 03:58:42PM -0800, Barameswari Thoreraj said
hi,

I am running debian 2.2.19. I had been receiving the message below in my
logs and sendmail has not been able to send or receive mail, although it
didn't crash.

This is a very old kernel that has at least a couple of security issues.
Upgrade immediately.

I have 2.2.16 with Corel, and I'd love to upgrade, but I cant. I wouldnt bother with it, and just get a newer debian install, but the only other Linux install disks that will run a ppp driver which logs on to my local isp is Redhat 9, which has numerous other characteristics I dont like. The Corel comes with an 'update' icon on the gui, but the links are out of date. I tried updating them with debian.org... and did apt-get, but it appears that the kernel is hopelessly out of date. IIRC, it told me that my glibc was NG, and when I got a new version, it told me that gtk+ was ng, and so on down the line, each download telling me that whatever it was that I had, was not quite good enough for the package to function properly. It'd be gonzo easier to just get a new debian install cd and quit screwing around with endless error messages and failed installs.

For most people, the new install cd makes a lot more sense unless your time is only worth half a buck an hour. For me, my local isp is weird. I've installed BSD, Caldera, Corel, Debian, Gentoos, Mandrake, Redhat, Slackware, Storm, & Suse. But of the lot, only RH and Corel will actually logon to my local server. I'd change servers, but I live rural, and no other option works either.