Re: can't get php in woody to work

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 11:24:33 -0500
Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, I googled and found
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200210/msg03434.html
> Sure enough, those lines were commented, uncommented them, and here is
> what I get next:
> edu:/etc/init.d# apache restart
> [Sat Feb  7 11:17:53 2004] [warn] module config_log_module is already
> loaded, skipping[Sat Feb  7 11:17:53 2004] [warn] module mime_module
> is already loaded, skippingedu:/etc/init.d# apache reload
>  same thing
>
> Still not working. How do I force apache to not skip reading the
> configuration?

Actually, it is reading the configuration, which is why it's giving you
those warnings. I had it giving me the same warnings for a while, but
those warnings do not prevent it from working. If it's not working for
you, you probably have an error somewhere else.

If you want to get rid of the warnings, look through the LoadModule
lines in /etc/apache/httpd.conf and comment out the two duplicates that
are causing Apache to say the module is already loaded when the config
file tells it to load it a second time.

Hint: the problem lines are going to mention "config_log_module" and
"mime_module". You do need those modules, so only comment the
duplicates, not the originals.

As for why a default installation causes lines loading the same modules
to be uncommented, one of the Apache packages probably needs a bug filed
against it.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he
does.