trouble installing Woody w/ raid card

hello everyone,

	I trying to install Debian 3 on a IBM Netfinity 5600 (8664-4RY) server.
This server has a IBM serveraid card (i think it is a 4L but might be a 4P)
with 4 scsi disks in raid5+spare configuration. This server is dual P3
machine (only one processor installed) with a S3 video card, ide cd-rom, and
currently has windows 2000 installed.

	I normally install Debian with a bf2.4 boot cd, however when booting the cd
the machine froze early in the install process. I booted the cd normally,
and saw the normal kernel output, with nothing unusual. Then the screen went
white and hung there before asking me any questions. I found that could
switch between virtual terminals initially, however after approximately 5
seconds the machine froze completely. I checked the log messages but saw
nothing wrong, the last log message was something like dbootstrap
initializing.

	After that I downloaded the floppy images for the compact installation set.
I was able to boot off of these without a freeze. My problem is that I do
not have a driver for the Serveraid card so I cannot see my disk array. I
thought I would use the "preload essential modules" option to load the
driver for the raid, but I could not find a driver that was suitable. I
thought I would use the technique mentioned at this web page
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/saw27/notes/installing_debian_woody_on_su
n_v65x_v60.html
to compile my own driver for the raid card, but then I remembered that the
compact installation set uses a 2.2.x kernel, and I am unsure if the 2.2.x
series has an driver.

	So, (after my lengthy ramblings,) I was wondering if anyone could shed some
light on why my bootcd froze. Also I was wondering if my plan to compile the
raid module is sound, or if it is wrong and or unnecessary? If it was a
problem with my cdrom drive, I could use the bf2.4 set to install woody, but
if I need to use a set that has a 2.2.x kernel are there even drivers for my
raid card?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Isaac Bush