Re: stable or testing?

Simon, I am also a recent convert from redhat to Debian. It would be good to
share experiences of moving production systems over. I have got setup with
'stable' but I have had to upgrade php / apache / mysql. For mysql I managed
to use backports. For php4 / apache, I compiled from source.

I would be interested to hear about some of the issues I should be aware of
when compiling software from source alongside apt packages. What would the
recommendations be?

cyril.