Re: Multi-head (non-Xinerama) window managers

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> I have spent a couple days now playing around with two screens,
> SLS (Xinerama, Single Logical Screen) and dual head, and I can't
> report success in finding an ideal solution pertaining to window
> managers.
>
> The short story, for those who don't want to read my ramblings and
> eexperiences: if you are using a window manager in a dual/multi-head
> configuration without Xinerama, and you are happy with it, please
> let me know which one you use and possibly share your configuration
> with me.

I am quite happy with gnome + sawfish. I have to start sawfish on the
second screen by hand (or by gnome-session) with "sawfish
--display=:0.1"

The only Problem i have is that apps started from gnome-main-menu on
screen 2 sometimes start on screen 1. This doesn't happen for
"self-created" menus, so i don't use the gnome menu on screen 2 :-/

Ramin