Re: Problems when trying to access the "security.debian.org"

Hello Johann!

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:31:03PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:07:04AM +0100, Florian Ernst wrote:
Please check the archives before asking.

To check the archives is a long and slow process  - escpecially for
people who do not have a very fast connection to the debian site.

"check the archives" in a sense of checking archives about Debian
related stuff, but not necessarily at the Debian site...

Google Groups, search for "security.debian.org" in
"linux.debian.user.*" from "past week" or "past 24 hours", it takes
less than a minute even on a slow connection (last year I had to stand
33.6kbps for six months before getting DSL again).

But I agree, checking the archives at the Debian site takes quite some
time.

Cheers,
Flo