Re: viewing jpg files on text terminal

Bijan Soleymani wrote:

Paul Morgan <paulswm@earthlink.net> writes:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:33:21 -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:

Gauri, a text terminal is a *text* terminal.  The Linux GUI interface is
X.  So you need to be using a viewer in X.

Linux is not like the old DOS OSes which ran programs which took over the
video with their own custom device-specific driver coding.

Please ignore my post, I am incorrect. Sorry.

Well you're semi-incorrect :)
If you had a real text terminal (dec vt100, etc.) then yeah you wouldn't
be able to do it.
But the linux console isn't limited to just text.

Bijan
Also if you are using a AGP slot I do think you can use the "zgv" program, as it wants a svga card. Works good in my computer that has a svga card running 2.4.23 woody but will not work in my
G4 MX nVIDIA computer running 2.6.1 woody.

Bill K