Re: viewing jpg files on text terminal

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:54:30 +0530, Gauri S Deshmukh wrote:

> hello all
>
> i am not a subscriber to the list. i hope this message gets posted. i
> also request you to mark a copy of your replies to me.
>
> i use debian 3.0.
>
> is there any program/ utility that will let me see jpg/ gif files on the
> text terminal?

Gauri, a text terminal is a *text* terminal.  The Linux GUI interface is
X.  So you need to be using a viewer in X.

Linux is not like the old DOS OSes which ran programs which took over the
video with their own custom device-specific driver coding.

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual