Re: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:36:22PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     That's where the comperison ends for me.  I've never found a need for
> sendmail in the modern 'net populated with Postfix and Exim.

Well, i just bit the bullet: I installed postfix-tls on Sid.

Up till now I just answer the questions during Woody install for
"smarthost" system.  Postfix-tls asked me the same questions and I
answered them the same way (I think).  It also removed exim.

Configuration: Internet with smarthost
Append .domain? No
Smtp relay host?  My ISPs smtp server
Final destination domains?  <default choices>
--->Force synchronous updates on mail queue?  Yes

Is that it?  Just drop in and go?  I did "force syncronous updates" so I
wouldn't ever lose mail.