Re: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others

Ian Perry wrote:
I know this question is subjective to personal preferences....  Is there an
advantage to exim over sendmail or vice versa for ease of setup/maintenance
etc ?  I would be interested in comments from those who have used both.

Sendmail - so difficult to configure the configuration language needs a macro language to make sense of it.

Exim - so easy to configure that in most cases you can do it with the comments in the config file.

That's where the comperison ends for me. I've never found a need for sendmail in the modern 'net populated with Postfix and Exim.