Re: FireWire disk - sharing with an iBook?

# KDE Config File
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=k3b
Icon=k3b
DocPath=k3b/index.html
Comment=CD writing program
Comment[da]=CD-skriveprogram
Comment[de]=CD-Schreibprogramm
Comment[el]=ΠÏ?Ï?γÏ?αμμα εγγÏ?αÏ?ήÏ? CD
Comment[es]=Programa de escritura de CDs
Comment[et]=CD kirjutamise rakendus
Comment[fr]=Programme de gravure de CD
Comment[he]=ת×?×?× ×?ת צר×?×?ת תק×?×?×?×?ר×?×?
Comment[hu]=CD-író program
Comment[it]=Programma di masterizzazione
Comment[nl]=CD-brandprogramma
Comment[pt]=Um programa de gravação de CDs
Comment[pt_BR]=Programa de escrita em CD
Comment[ru]=Ð?Ñ?огÑ?амма запиÑ?и компакÑ?-диÑ?ков
Comment[sk]=Preogram pre zápis CD
Comment[sv]=Cd-brännprogram
Comment[xh]=Ubhalo lwe Cd lodweiso Iwenkqubo
Comment[xx]=xxCD writing programxx
Comment[zh_CN]=CD ����
Comment[zh_TW]=CD ç??é??ç¨?å¼?
Comment[zu]=Uhlelo lwemisebenzi olubhala i-CD
Terminal=false
Name=K3b
Name[xx]=xxK3bxx
MimeType=application/x-k3b
X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-k3b
Categories=Qt;KDE;AudioVideo
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:35:51 -0600
"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:05:14 +0000
> James Tappin <james@tappin.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have a Lacie Firewire pocket drive. I'd rather like to be able to
> > use it on both my Debian (Sid) box and my iBook (Mac OsX).
> <snip>
> > The fact that a colleague has a USB keyring solid-state disk that is
> > readable on Mac, Linux and Windows without any problems suggests that
> > it should be possible
>
> I suspect this is because the USB keyring is formatted with a dos/fat
> partition. When I was trying to swap Iomega zip disks between Linux,
> Windows and Mac this was the easiest way to get it to work.
>
> In theory, you should be able to do the same with the Firewire drive,
> though if you don't have a copy of Windows you might have trouble
> getting it formatted with a fat partition.

The keyring is vfat, (which can be created on Linux but not for a 40Gb
disk). But I do have Ext2 on the Mac and that's what I created.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james@tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering