Re: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out (was Re: Getting d-link DFE-530TX NIC working)

I had recently the same problem
I have a very old system and I had a find & grep over / so I forgot to exclude /dev as I did with /var/log and got some
grep: /dev/kmem: Bad address
grep: memory exhausted
grep: memory exhausted

after this I looked over the log files and found the message from the thread.

I use debian kernel 2.4.18 my card is 3Com Boomerang and I fixed the problem by simply restarting the network

So maybe some scripting would be the most simple work around

--
+ Emanoil Kotsev
+ E-Mail: emanuel@t2u.com