Re: disregard post re: sound!

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:46:48 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> Fine, drag my shame out into the light of day.
>
> You know that red line that goes through the speaker icon on the gnome
> panel?  Yeah, apparently that means it's set to "mute," and clicking it
> fixes the problem, and gets rid of the ugly line.  Shocking, I know.

Hey, Monique, if it makes you feel any better, a couple of weeks ago,
IIRC, someone was asking about a sound problem in #debian IRC: "it was
working and now it isn't".  Turned out the speaker lead had become
disconnected.

It's always the obvious things which we miss, not because we're morons,
but because we're *too* *darn* *clever*.

:)

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual