Re: Kernel 2.6: bootup errors not logged?

Kristian Niemi mentioned :
=> They're not in /var/log/boot.
=> I don't believe it's "unresolved symbol" that is printed on the screen,
=> but not sure either.

You know what I mean :)
The message isn't the same in 2.6 kernel

=> Pretty sure the errors have something to do with modules from previous
=> kernel trying to load.
=>
=> Tried to grep FATAL in all logs (in /var/log), but that didn't return
=> anything, so I assume it's not there; i.e. those errors aren't logged at
=> all?

Now that you mention it like this, I remember quite a few modules
that changed, and might have given that exact message at boot time.
Check in /etc/modules for any old modules that
aren't working anymore, and change them in that file.
Otherwise, just run modconf. I think modconf works with
.ko modules nowadays.

Cheers
Stef