Re: Kernel 2.6: bootup errors not logged?

I know what I'm looking for, because I see them (the messages) flash by at bootup. It looks like it's trying to load (old) modules, producing FATAL something. Not sure, because they just whizz by; no time to read them properly, nor even to catch a glimpse of them all.

They're not in /var/log/boot.

I don't believe it's "unresolved symbol" that is printed on the screen, but not sure either.

Pretty sure the errors have something to do with modules from previous kernel trying to load.

Tried to grep FATAL in all logs (in /var/log), but that didn't return anything, so I assume it's not there; i.e. those errors aren't logged at all?

h: Kristian

Stef wrote:
Kristian Niemi mentioned :
=> At bootup I see a number or error-messages flash by, but they dissappear => too fast for me to read them. I've tried to find them in dmesg & various => files in /var/log/, but so far I haven't had any luck. I see the place
You can't read the error-messages, but you know what you're looking for??
Mmmmm...

=> where they *should* appear (in dmesg and various files), but they => seemingly don't get logged? Is there a particular file I should be => looking into, or ... ?

All the module error stuff I ever needed, that wasn't in dmesg, was in /var/log/boot
The modules "unresolved symbol"  messages are usually the ones that scroll very fast.
If it turns out to be that, (and a lot of that) fix /lib/modules/

Stef