Re: Email client programs

hi ya curtis

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> But doesn't IMAP have more traffic involved than POP3?  I mean each
> time you connect, it has to check to see what's on the server and
> what's on your computer.   What would be best is a solution that just

w/ imap ... NOTHING is on your pc ...
	you can check mail at the office, from home, from the insecure
	hotel, from the insecure internet cafe, from the insecure kinkos
	and you will only see "new" emails for you to check and/or save

you can do the same w/ pop3 .. takes little(lot) more work w/ procmail
before using pop3

and if you dont want the 150K file, you never need to "get it"
just delete on the pop server ... you do need to at least see
the subject line that there is a pending 150K email you didnt read/check
yet

c ya
alvin