Re: Email client programs

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:16:20PM -0800, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> But doesn't IMAP have more traffic involved than POP3?  I mean each
> time you connect, it has to check to see what's on the server and
> what's on your computer.   What would be best is a solution that just
> says, "I don't care what you have or don't have, here are some new
> messages. Take them. "  And once the client has received a message it
> is marked as received on the server.

Maybe this is not what you want, but you could use fetchmail to get
email across your bad link and then run a local smpt and pop server.

fetchmail has an expunge setting where you can specify the number of
messages to fetch before expunging those marked for deletion.

I doubt that outlook express gives you that fine control on what it
does with pop servers - but you never know ;)

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a