Re: Email client programs

hi ya curtis

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

But doesn't IMAP have more traffic involved than POP3?  I mean each
time you connect, it has to check to see what's on the server and
what's on your computer.   What would be best is a solution that just

w/ imap ... NOTHING is on your pc ...
	you can check mail at the office, from home, from the insecure
	hotel, from the insecure internet cafe, from the insecure kinkos
	and you will only see "new" emails for you to check and/or save

I personally only use IMAP and have been encouraging others to use it as well. But ALAS, people don't understand.

However, with IMAP you can synchronize so the messages are on your computer. Otherwise, it would be worthless.

I don't think everyone is fully appreciating the problem. These are ships at sea. The connection is often in flux. POP3 seems to not be the answer at all. But I was hoping maybe the way POP3 worked might depend on client programs.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Curtis